Georgia looking for life after Crowell – and vice versa
After dismissing Isaiah Crowell on Saturday after their troubled star’s arrest on gun charges, Georgia will be needing another running back to frighten the life out of SEC East defenses in the fall.
The job up for grabs will come between sophomore Ken Malcolme, highly-touted Keith Marshall, and freshman Todd Gurley, ESPN says.
And as for Crowell, here are some schools where we think Crowell might end up:
1) Auburn – Remember what happened when Florida dismissed Cam Newton? We can bet that some parts of The Swamp were thinking: “Why was Urban Meyer so draconian?” Stealing computers will do that to do. Tigers fans? They’re pretty happy with the National Title. Plus, with Michael Dyer leaving, Auburn suddenly needs a jacked-up running game, and Crowell will provide this. The only downside? Auburn recently made the news for shootings. Would Tigers fans – or the press – be keen to see a guy come onto the team who’s had issues in the department?
2) Arkansas State – Would shine in a Gus Malzahn-led offense, and it would be great to see Crowell playing football, but not at FBS level. Also, Arkansas State doesn’t have a problem bringing in guys with troubled pasts, and he could do the job.
3) North Alabama – Janoris Jenkins transferred from Florida after a number of problems, and it wouldn’t surprise us to see Crowell down there.
4) Ole Miss – Hugh Freeze believes in forgiveness and saving souls. What could be better if this soul is Crowell, who can also help the Rebels offense to 3,000 yards and automatically make them better?
5) LSU – After bringing in former UGA QB Zach Mettenberger after he was dismissed from Athens, it’s not like Les Miles isn’t the forgiving type. And he’s pretty forgiving to good players – see Tyrann Mathieu for details last year. So why not Crowell? Plus, he’d be a fantastic addition to Death Valley in the galactic SEC West arms race.
6) Clemson- Great SEC back who would shine at ACC level. With the bad choices that Crowell’s been making, maybe him and Sammy Watkins can grow up a bit together while they think about their own stupidity.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? DROP US A LINE
Tagged with: Arkansas State • arrests • Auburn • Bulldogs • Clemson • Crowell • Dawgs • Georgia • guns • Hugh Freeze • Les Miles • LSU • Mathieu • Mettenberger • North Alabama • Ole Miss • Oxford • SEC • SEC East • SEC West • Tigers
Filed under: Article
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!