Juco National Signing Day: Big Wins for Texas A&M and Auburn; Saban solid
Junior College National Signing Day which started Wednesday had some pretty major headlines.
Auburn continued their incredible run of success in the recruiting field by persuading the No. 1 JUCO prospect in the country previous LSU commitment WR D’haquille Williams to sign for the Tigers, but also lineman DaVonte Lambert to not play for Tennessee but play on the Plains. Lambert and Williams will be joined by lineman Xaveer Dampeer, as well as Willams’ teammate Derrick Moncrief, who plays safety.
– Texas A&M: British offensive guard Jermaine Eluemunor – who had switched from UCLA to Arkansas to College Station in one of the more eyebrow-raising and indecisive recruiting sagas – stayed with the Aggies to pen his decision. The Aggies beat the two before-mentioned schools as well as Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma to the signature.He’ll be joined by OT Avery Gennesy, who signed from a Juco in Mississippi. The Aggies also signed WR Josh Reynolds , which will help with their wide receiving talent after Mike Evans leaves for the NFL.
– Alabama signed DT Jarran Reed and Defensive Lineman DJ Pettway. Pettway’s the interesting one – he was signed by Alabama as a high schooler before Nick Saban booted him out for second-degree robbery. Nice to see the doors are always open at Alabama.
– Kentucky signed DB AJ Stamps and DT Cory Johnson. Stamps had been offered by Ohio State. Also signing were QB Drew Parker, WR Thaddeus Snodgrass, RB Mike Horton, WR T.V. Williams and LB Dorian Hendricks.
– Tennessee added WR Lavon Pearson, DT Owen Williams, and OL Dontavius Blair.
– Florida signed JUCO OT Drew Savary.
– Georgia’s potential JUCO CB Shattle Fentenge, although his LOI hasn’t been signed yet (and will only be signed in May, according to Bulldog Illustrated expert Trent Smallwood, talking to @SECBlog on Twitter. Also, Chris Sanders, who was dismissed in the Nick Marshall theft case in 2012. The Bulldogs don’t have any more signings in their class.
– Ole Miss signed OL Fahn Cooper, athlete Jeremy Liggins – who signed for LSU out of high school – LB Christian Russell, UCLA transfer Christian Morris, and Kendrick Doss, who graduated from high school early.
– Mississippi State – OT Jocquell Johnson signed with the Bulldogs. Fellow offensive linesman Norman Price decided to go to Southern Miss. instead.
– Missouri – Defensive back Kenya Dennis signed for the Tigers.
– Arkansas added WR Cody Hollister.
– South Carolina signed DT Abu Lamin
– LSU didn’t have any juco signings, which the TwitterBoard said was more a sign of waiting for a freshman squad. You know, that and getting beating to the signature of Williams, who opted for Auburn instead.
Tagged with: 2013 • Aggies • Alabama • Arkansas • Auburn • Bulldogs • Florida • Georgia • JUCO • Kentucky • LSU • Mississippi State • Missouri • National Signing Day • Ole Miss • Predictions • SEC • SEC East • SEC West • South Carolina • Tennessee • Texas A&M • Tigers • Vanderbilt • Widcats • Wiliams
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!